TRAINEE EQUINE WELFARE PRACTITIONER
Are you interested in working in the field of equine welfare? If so, then a rewarding career as an Equine Welfare Practitioner with Cart Horse Protection Association will place you on the front line protecting and serving the working cart horses on the Cape Flats and educating their owners and drivers.
The job is extremely specialised and is both physically and emotionally demanding. Applicants must be able to work under pressure, deal with conflict and handle a heavy work load in sometimes unpleasant conditions. The hours are unsociable – working some evenings, weekends and public holidays is required.
The job offers an efficient and effective working environment, strong team spirit with clear goals and objectives. Is becoming an Equine Welfare Practitioner your ‘calling’? If you would like to join the Cart Horse team, you will have to meet the following entry requirements:
- Unendorsed Code EB drivers licence
- Good level of physical fitness
- Proven experience of work both as part of a team and independently
- Proven interpersonal skills – experience in the successful management of confrontational situations is essential
- Love for equines
- Good administrative skills and computer literacy
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours including weekends and public holidays.
- Grade 12 level of education
- No criminal record
- Good communication skills – fluency in English and Afrikaans essential
- Ability to think logically and have good judgement
- Accurate report writing ability
General equine and trucking experience would be an advantage.
To start 1 September.
Interested candidates should apply by emailing CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 15 August 2019.
Note: If you have not received any response within 21 days, kindly assume your application to be unsuccessful.