Adopt a Horse
Horses that are permanently confiscated or signed over into our care, are rehabilitated and placed into our Adoption Programme.
Our Adoption Process:
- Step 1: Come and meet the horse you are interested in adopting. Contact Carmen on 082 612 6966 to make an appointment.
- Step 2: Complete an Application to Adopt and pay a R250.00 non-refundable deposit.
- Step 3:If we feel that you are suited to the horse you wish to adopt and we have received your application and deposit, we will conduct a pre-home check
- Step 4: On approval of the pre home check, an adoption fee is payable and you must sign an Adoption Agreement.
- Step 5: Regular post home checks are carried out every 3-6 months.
Our Adoption Programme is managed from the Recovery & Rehabilitation Centre and we have horses needing loving and responsible homes.
Download, read, and sign our Terms & Conditions form before downloading and completing the Application form.
Horses for Adoption
Alice in Wonderland
No words or photo does this beautiful girl justice. She has to be seen to comprehend her beauty and grace. Alice is an athletically built Appaloosa type mare with a playful and kind nature.
Caesar Boy was retired after being permanently booked off for injuries to his legs.
Copper Penny is absolutely green and will need a lot of handling from an experienced horse person. She has a lot of saddler blood and although flashy, can be cheeky.
Lady Lawrie is only a baby. Her gorgeous mommy Blondie is also up for adoption.
This little mare is has a great personality and lots of potential but she is a proper madam and will need an experienced rider / handler.
This old boy has had a tough life, but it didn’t break his spirit. He has a soft, kind nature and would suit a light rider, or make a companion.
Romeo was found lying down in a field earlier in 2017. He was signed over and brought to the R&R to recover. He is now healthy enough to go to his forever home.
Sir Lancelot is a saddler who was signed over to CHPA. In his short life he has already been handed from pillar to post, but remains a sweet, loving boy.