The Recovery and Rehabilitation Centre provides a place of safety for working cart horses whose owners and drivers continue to abuse and neglect them, despite our efforts at education and the services offered at the static clinics, accommodation for sick and injured horses requiring palliative care and maternity care for foaling mares.
Horses that are permanently confiscated or signed over into our care, are rehabilitated and placed into our Adoption Programme.
Our Adoption Process:
- Step 1: Come and meet the horse you are interested in adopting
- Step 2: Complete an Application to Adopt and pay a R250.00 non-refundable deposit.
- Step 3: If we feel that you are suited to the horse you wish to adopt and we have received your application and deposit, we will conduct a pre-home check
- Step 4: On approval of the pre home check, an adoption fee is payable and you must sign an Adoption Agreement.
- Step 5: Regular post home checks are carried out every 3-6 months.
Our Adoption Programme is managed from the Recovery & Rehabilitation Centre and we have horses needing loving and responsible homes.
If you would like to get involved, please consider:
- Adopting a Horse
- Sponsoring a Stable for a rescued cart horse
- Making a Donation
- Visiting or Volunteering – directions can be found on our Contact Us page.